THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

disrepfectful or modern woman?

My 'mother-in-law' (I use the term VERY loosely) was having a discussion with an old hippy of her age. Main topic was me, and how I am disrespectful through my language and actions.

This started off after I refused to let her piggyback my internet connection. I refuse to share things, and only care about myself apparently. Yet she seems to forget that I pay majority of the bills, cook for her, clean and buy her little gifts and groceries. I donate to charity regularly, and volunteer at my local charity shop from time to time. Yet I am not helpful because I don't help stray dogs home, help feed wild animals (these being lorikeets that she feeds everyday and now wake me up at six in the morning) or give her money when she demands it.

And my language is also bad. I told her to go root herself and suck my dick because she turned around and said my mother and father hate me, and that my boyfriend is only with me because I am a slut and give him sex when he wants it. Tit for tat Poodle.

The old gentleman, Leroy, stepped in and said that compared to some language these days, I am tame and respect is due when it is given. She said no young ladies talk like that these days, and he even said he knows women in their 90's who swear like sailors.

I agree with him. He stated that she needs to get with the times, instead of being stuck in, as he so eloquently put it, 'the boomerang days'. She believes a woman's place is in the kitchen, and to be seen and not heard. He then ranted that since the seventies women have been almost as equalised as men, except for pay differences and respect, and she needs to step out of her sheltered 1950's ideals of the modern woman and accept that times have changed, as have the social normalities and practices.

I would hate for her to meet a lot of my friends, who swear, make sexual jokes and are what she would consider 'rude and disrespectful'.

Now this could be considered the typical 'OH how surprising, a girl hates her boyfriend's mother', but anyone who has met her will agree, she is a rude, arrogant bitch only out to further herself, be it by means of putting me down, my relationship with her son down, or putting anything or anyone down who doesn't suit her or her dated ways.

I will not even get into her mental health, because this is not what this post is about.

She just needs to be more willing to accept how people are today, and that language and actions have changed since she was my age. Yes, it cuts both ways, and I should be willing to accept hers. I do in the most part, but it is hard when she slanders everything I stand for as an independant woman.

Maybe she is fickle, maybe I should ignore it but either way, it annoys me

Jess xx

0 comments: